Sunday, June 1, 2008

Pooba


I’m a 29 year old recently divorced, career woman, aunt, and wannabe mother. I was married to my former spouse for eight years before we divorced but we've managed to stay really good friends. To read more about that click here.


I graduated in 2005 with a bachelor’s degree in Accounting from the University of Utah and now I am a Senior Accountant and recently turned supervisor for a gold mining company. I love my job. I decided to go back to school to get my master's degree in accounting. I'm loving school and hating the homework :o)


I got my lovely nickname from the former spouse, he calls me Grand Pooba (among other things) which is where the name of my blog derived. I recently moved into a townhouse in Salt Lake City with my two cats. Yep, I am officially the cat lady.


Who am I? I am a very sarcastic, laid back blonde who loves to eat cereal and take naps. I get excited over the little things and think worrying is a waste of time. I hate shopping, I’d rather gouge my eyes out then step foot in a mall. I am way too trusting in people, yes I'm a sucker. For everything.


I'm a recovering Mormon. I grew up in an LDS home and was completely devoted to my religion, that is until I finally started thinking for myself and realized I didn't believe in the foundation of the church and it's beliefs. I have my own opinions and beliefs and by removing my name from the church's records I found "ME" in the process. Most of my family is still Mormon and I'm sure they think I'm going to hell, but they love me anyway!


Interests of mine are reading, baking, playing the piano, ballet, dancing, wine, and I'm a huge fan of movies. I occasionally go snow skiing, I love boating and wake boarding whenever I get the opportunity, and my favorite thing to do, besides sleeping, is laying out in the sun and reading a book. I’m a big kid when it comes to having fun and as I start this new chapter in my life I've decided to make the best of it and just enjoy being single and living on my own.


Okay, it's past midnight and I'm starving. Cake for a midnight snack is pretty healthy right? I mean, we all need a few carbs to keep our energy up. Plus I'm sure there's some protein and dairy in there somewhere.


Okay, peace out.

5 comments:

Dolly said...

I think your pretty funny too...I'm wondering if my hubby works at your gold mining company? He lives in Draper...and I will also someday.

Jeanne said...

Pooba,

Well, my dear, you need never worry about running the risk of gouging your eyes out over a scary mall trip!

You have now discovered the magical place where you can meet practically all of your needs via Amazon and support my little old blog in the process. Haha.

If you're like me, you also don't mind the part where they deliver it right to your door. I am an official Amazon addict.

Stepping foot into a mall has never been a favorite pastime for me but over the years it has become more than an annoyance.

With my multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS), the fragrances found in a mall atmosphere have been known to result in me fainting. That's no fun! (There are loads of toxins in most fragrances ranging from carcinogens to neurotoxins to endocrine disruptors).

My body reacts very strongly to these but they are not healthy for anyone. I just happen to be more sensitive to these toxins than most people because of my MCS.

The sad fact is that those mall stores full of candles & of body spray products are unhealthy for everyone.

But I digress. I deeply appreciate Amazon for it's selection and convenience but, in my case, I also appreciate it for keeping me safe.

Fainting is bad enough. Fainting in a location due to chemical exposure simply lengthens the exposure time since one is exposed to the triggering substance the whole time he/she is unconscious... which is the very last thing needed!

Thank you again for purchasing that book via my blog. I greatly appreciate it! :)

Jeanne

Kimberly @ Bookmark To Blog said...

thanks for commenting on my blog! Your blog looks great. I'd love to have tabs but I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to setting stuff like that up. I'm lucky I even have a blog, haha! I had to smile when I read "recover mormon." I'm also a recovering mormon. I don't say much about it on my blog because my family reads and they're pretty sensitive about it. They too think I'm going to hell. :)

Lacey said...

Nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope it gives you some sense of who I am:) I need to do a who am i post too.

Emma @ Divorced Before 30 said...

Hello! Glad to find your blog. Thanks for visiting my blogoir on my SITS day. I am sorry to hear about your divorce, but it sounds like you have a pretty good outlook in general. Not worrying is a GREAT idea (one that I need to work on!).