Monday, July 6, 2009

What, No Chocolate On My Pillow?

We finally made it out to California last weekend, we stayed at the finest 5 star hotel called Chateau de Dennelle's House. We were treated like royalty complete with robes and slippers, the only thing missing were the chocolates on our pillows.


I guess I can forgive her for that.




The concierge, aka Dennelle, mapped out our whole weekend so there was never a dull moment, well except that time we went shopping at the Tangerine Boutique, but I was a trooper and suffered through the torture that some people like to call shopping.


I guess I can forgive her for that.


Our weekend started with a tour of Temecula's wine country. This was a first for me, I don't think I've ever seen a real grape vine in my life. Check it out.






I even got a little taste test.






We were able to visit four wineries that day:

Falkner Winery

Weins Family Cellars

Callaway Vineyard & Winery

Hart Winery


My favorite of the day was Weins Family Cellars. Below is Dennelle with her men:




And here is me with my men:




What?


Didn't your mom teach you to share?


At Wein's we got to do a tasting straight from the barrel, very cool!






For lunch we had ourselves a little picnic at one of the wineries while enjoying the beautiful view.





Then we went inside this cute little winery called Hart Winery. Dennelle knows the owner so we got a little extra special attention. Mr. Hart gave us a tour of the winery and a little lesson on how they make their wine.




As you can see, Dennelle is paying real close attention to dear Mr. Hart, you can just see the concentration in her face.




That night we had a little party and were able to meet a few of Dennelle's friends. Man, these guys know how to entertain! Lyman is a chef and made the. best. ribs. ever.




Ok, check out this set up. It is like Man Heaven, they've got 4 TVs so they don't miss one game during football season. After seeing this room, Alex decided that he wanted to move in.


Permanently.





My response,


"Promise?"


Not because I would leave my sweet Albert there alone, although come to think of it, that would mean less laundry for me to do, but no, I wanna move in too! A girl could get used to this kind of luxury!





37 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

How fun - to visit a real winery... too see REAL grapes that arent in plastic in the grocery store? I'd be shocked!

I cant let my husband see that idea of all those TV's... he'll totally drool!... & I can just imagine all the remotes that go along - we'd have total chaos in our house with that!

Denise said...

I'm in love with all the cabinet space in the kitchen. I want to live there too! Take me with you...

Cris said...

Good Times with friends and wines.

Sara said...

Four TVs!!!! In one room, on one wall! WOW! What an amazing idea. Too bad we don't watch sports, it's a great idea. Her house is amazing and what a great friend to have outings all planned. I love those kind of hostestess with the mostestess!

Kitten said...

That looked like an awesome vacation, Pooba! Now I wanna go to wine country!!!

said...

Those outdoor shots remind me of that movie "A Walk In The Clouds" - so romantic. :o)

The Wife O Riley said...

That looks like a wonderful time!! I have always wanted to go to wine country.

Suzi said...

Looks like a good time!

Jon and Steph said...

Visiting wineries is so much fun! Not to mention getting to drink all of that wine is the best part!

Looks like a great time!

Liz Mays said...

I would never have wanted to leave. That is a sweet set-up both inside and outside. California here I come.

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Especially ALL the wine.... and TVs.

Can I move in, too?

The Nice One said...

How fun! Mmmm and a winery to boot. I flipping love Winery tours...Happiness.

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to visit a winery! Whats crazy is there is a winery about 10 minutes from where I live, just never thought about touring it!! Beautiful house, I am jealous too!

Kristina P. said...

You take the coolest trips!

You also have a nice rack. Uh, wine rack.

Lee said...

How fun! Does she take reservations??

foxy said...

That looks AWESOME! Man, I sooooo need to visit the wine country... still have never been.

"didn't your mom teach you to share?" - love it!

Julie H said...

My dad would love those tv's! He usually listens to the radio, watches a game, reads the paper and now looks online too. He's a nut lol.

brokenteepee said...

I think I would go cross eyed watching four TVs...oh, wait! I AM cross eyed.

Anonymous said...

how very cool!!
I've never been either look wonderful

Cindi said...

What the heck is Dennelle holding in that first pic? Is it just me, or does that look like a wine bottle dressed up as a turkey? Or is it Wild Turkey?

Jen said...

I am so jealous. I wanta go wine tasting.

Anonymous said...

That barrel tasting sounds cool.

I wanna be in your family, you guys are always doing fun things!

Lee said...

I am so freaking jealous! I've always wanted to go to a winery.
I've liked wine since I was like, 10, when my mom would give me a sip of hers.
Now occasionally I get half a glass to sip on with spaghetti.
When I'm 21, that'll probably be what I do for my birthday.

mamammelloves said...

My husband would love all those TVs! Actually, I might like it too! :) Looks like you all had a great time!

Lauralee said...

Hello. Just checking out new blogs and I really like yours. Feel free to come check out mine if you'd like. What exactly is a pooba again by the way? lol. I'll have to read more through your blog. Have a lovely day. :D

jiggins said...

Sounds like a great time. Great Blog by the way.. and as for those TV's.. you can't blame the man for drooling a bit!

Stop by Splitting Tens sometime. Hope to see you there!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

What a great trip! I'd move right in too.

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

Sounds like you were spoiled rotten for the weekend! LOVE IT!

I'm so not showing my husband the pic of all those TV's...

Janalyn and Rob said...

The TV Wall had me in awe! If we had that set up, I would NEVER get Rob out of the house! Sounds like your girl is right on the road to opening a bed and breakfast. :)

Justine said...

Ooh, Danelle's house looks beautiful, and I'm so glad you and Al had a great time with them!

Now what is this stuff that you're moving? Huh?

Justine :o )

JosiahsMommy said...

What a great vacation. Thanks for the pictures.

AiringMyLaundry said...

That sounds like so much fun.

Though I still can't believe you don't like to shop. My husband wishes that I didn't like to shop.

CLUFF FAMILY said...

GLAD YOU HAD FUN!

Lori said...

Wonderful pictures! Looks like a great time was had by all :)

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Oooh, aaah, the infamous trip to California finally happened. It would have been more fun it my head was poking out of the grapevines in some of these pics, Poob.

Fun fact: Fran majored in Fermentation Science (fancy words for wine-making and brewing) in college.

I'm a good time, Poob. We really need to be neighbors.

xoxo

LadyStyx said...

~sweet!~

Megan said...

Gorgeous! Way jealous! lol