Just thought I'd put this out there.
Mostly for my family and friends who are confused as to why I left the church (LDS church, you know the mormons?). I may write more and stick it on a page somewhere in this lil ol blog for those who care to read it, but for now, I found this website that explains EXACTLY why I left the church.
I have done so much research on this subject (the foundation of the church) from both Mormon and Non-Mormon historians that when I came across this website it felt like I was reading my own writing.
Before I post what I believe about the church, I want to post a link to the official LDS Website just so you can have information from both views.
So, for anyone who is curious as to why I left "the church", here is the website:
20 Truths About Mormonism
Here's the rundown with links to each section:
1. False Translation of Book of Abraham
2. Kinderhook Plates Proclaimed Ancient Records by Joseph
3. Joseph's Plagiarism in Book of Mormon and Other Revelations
4. Polygamy and Joseph's Many Wives
5. Emotionality as Evidence
6. Changing Doctrine Over Time
7. False Prophecies by Joseph
8. Lying for the Lord
9. Joseph's Use of the Seer Stone to Find Treasure
10. Blood Atonement Preached and Enforced
11. Joseph's Vain Ambitions
12. Defections of Church Leaders and Scholars
13. Substantial Changes to Book Of Mormon in subsequent Editions
14. Unrealistic Population Growth in Book of Mormon
15. Genetic Evidence Discounts that Native Americans Descended from Jews
16. Critics Squelched - "Pay No Attention to that Man Behind the Curtain!"
17. Church Prejudice Against Blacks
18. Was it Nephi or Moroni?
19. No Archaeological Evidence for Book of Mormon
20. Contradictory Versions of First Vision
If you do check out the website, feel free to let me know what you think. Whether you agree, disagree or missagree (Oh yeah, that's a word) I love hearing other thoughts and beliefs.
Okay, so even if you don't check out the website, what's your opinion on religion?
Do you believe in Religion? Do you believe in God?
Oh yeah, I went there.
1 year ago