Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I Understand If You Never Want To Come Back Again.



So I was tagged by Mmmm....Tastes Good to do 7 random facts about myself. I am not one to back down from a challenge so here goes!



1. When I was younger I thought that in order for the toilet to flush there had to be something in it. Don't ask me why, but I remember wanting to flush the toilet to trick my mom so I would always put a piece of toilet paper in it first, otherwise I thought it couldn't flush.





2. I have to sleep with a fan on. I can't sleep without the noise, even in the winter I have to have the fan going. I got this habit from my mom, she always slept with a fan on and I would always sneak into my parent's room at night and sleep on their floor. Now that I'm married I make Alex sleep with the fan on too, one time he threatened to take the fan away and I got so upset! I said "FINE, then I'll go sleep by myself in the guest room with my fan!"




The fan stayed.



3. It bothers me when things aren't even. For example, if one sleeve is higher than the other, I can't stand it! Or when I walk on the cross walk I consciously make sure that each foot steps on the same number of cracks. If I see a car drive on the side of the road and one tire is on the white line and the others aren't I can't handle it, I have to look away.





4. I have a retarded toe. On my right foot, the middle toe will not straighten all the way. No matter how hard Alex tries to straighten it out, it remains curled up. It drives Alex crazy because when I'm laying on the couch and the bottom of my feet are facing him, that one toe is staring right at him! Creepy!





5. I can't eat, cook, or do anything involving food without making a huge mess. Even at nice restaurants when the waiter takes my plate away there are crumbs and sauce all over my side of the table while my hubster's side is spotless! I go through about 15 napkins that I crumple up while Alex has one napkin that is clean and neatly folded at the end of each meal.



I think my problem is that I'm too tall.




6. I'm a picker. I pick everything on everybody. I would not marry Alex until he agreed that I could pick any zits that he happened to get whenever I wanted. That was our prenuptial agreement. When I was in school I had to sit on my hands so that I wouldn't pick the zit on the neck of the guy sitting in front of me. Seriously, it's a problem. Scabs, blisters, peeling skin, one time my dog had a little bump on his skin and Alex had to watch me at all times so I wouldn't pick at it. I need help.



I'll spare you the zit picking photos!



7. I am a list maker. I make lists for everything. Groceries, To do's, bills, home inventory, lists of everything! I make a list of what I pack every time I go on vacation or travel for work. Then when I unpack I make sure everything on the list is checked off. I decorate the titles of my lists every time and if I mess up, I have to throw that list away and start a new one. For example, if this were my list, it would be in the trash


I write rough drafts of every list and then I write a final list so that I make sure I have everything organized into the right categories & sub categories. It's an illness. I even wrote a rough draft of this list before I typed it up.



How sad.



Well, now that the whole world knows how weird I am, I want to know how weird you are! I tag:


1. Cluff Family News
2. The Orr's
3. The Hoppers
4. Life's Greatest Pleasures
5. The Silkmans
6. Heath'e' & Family
7. The Harper Family

Go for it.

17 comments:

angi_b72 said...

I do alot of the things taht you do!! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Barely Domestic Mama said...

I have to sleep with the fan on, too, even in the dead of winter. It makes my hubby crazy. I thought I was the only person who has to re-write my lists if I mess up just one word. My friends think I am bizarre, but I am also the same person that has my cds and dvds alphabetized. :)

Hope you have a Murry Christman!

Michelle said...

Wow, and I thought I was OCD. But, I love your toe. You should put eyes and a smile on it for hubster!

Have a Murry Christman and a Blessed New Year.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE lists. I would marry them if I could.

Anonymous said...

Oh good, I just got a zit, can you come over?

Rebecca Jo said...

I'm a list person too!!!! And I too have to have a fan on... that humming noise soothes me!

Kristina P. said...

So, how tall are you? I'm a tall girl too. Does this make up for my anti-Twilightness? :)

I hope you and your family have a very merry Christmas!

BloggessJ said...

Great list! I hope your family had a great Christmas!

Karin Katherine said...

Lucky me, I didn't get tag. And sorry, but that toe thing would creep me out too. I hope that doesn't run in the family. I'm not sure I want my daughter married off to a husband with a weird toe.

Whoops, did granny put her initials on her arm already? If so then you better start looking for an "R" runner up for future wife.

ROFL.

Just kidding. I'll take my changes on the arranged marriage thing.

Tara Bennett said...

Aaaah I love reading your posts. You always make me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Hehe. I laughed throughout your entire post. I too am a "list maker." I have lists for everything. At least we're organized! My husband and I cannot sleep without a fan either!! Actually, I am laying in bed listening to it hum at me at this very moment. When we go on a trip (and drive) we take our handy dandy fan with us. I would love to take one when we fly, but people would probably think we were crazy!

Queenie Jeannie said...

I see with the fan on too, and am a HUGE list maker. I feel your pain, lol!!!

Try "yoga toes" - seriously, it works!!!

Anonymous said...

When I was little I thought the toilet would overflow if I didn't get out of the bathroom before the toilet stopped flushing.....now as an adult I've been labeled "OCD".....

The Wife O Riley said...

Nothing too odd. I write lists, and then don't complete them, so I write a new list.

I am a severely messy eater and short.

I hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday.

paedstar said...

That's funny. I am addicted to using a fan too. ANd I now have my 15 month old son addicted too. My husband can't stand the fan!! Plus I am a picker too, but my husband won't let me pick at him. THe worst is when he is sun burnt and is peeling. I can't hold back, and it drives him nuts!!! I should have discussed it before marriage too I guess!!!

momma said...

i love it!!!

Jolene said...

Oh my goodness, my husband has to sleep with the fan too! And in the winter, since the baby sleeps in our room, he is banished to the living room with his fan!

(laughing about your retarded toe)