A little piece of me died last week, a little piece that appeared 4 weeks ago and has been growing at a rapid pace ever since. This growth was the digital scrap booking class that my mom and I have been taking from Tara and last week was our final class.
I met Tara through blogging (isn't blogging great?) and she mentioned she was going to teach a couple digi-scrap classes so of course I jumped at the opportunity and signed up.
The result? Tara and I are now real life friends, and I am a digi-scrapin pro. Digi-scrapin genius is more like it. I am officially addicted. And my mom? Well, let's just say she was the special student of the class, but she made it through.
(Me, Tara, & my mom. Absent from this picture: Nana)
You probably know Tara, not only from her TMI blog, but she started the Kidz blog as well. Kidz is a blog dedicated to children with special needs, it's an uplifting sight for everyone to connect and learn from their children.
Not only is she tall, beautiful, smart, and plain awesome, but she also allowed me to join her daughter Chloe's fan club. I could go on and on about how amazing Tara is, but I'll just refer you to her websites to see for yourself. (That and I'm lazy)
Too Much Information
Not only did I get to meet Tara, but I got to meet her mother in law Nanna! I have been a fan of Nanna's blog for quite some time now and she never fails to entertain. She is just hilarious, I especially love the comments she leaves on my blog because she is just as sarcastic as me.
At least I'm hoping all those comments were sarcastic, otherwise I really am an idiot. But either way, I still like her.
The digi-scrap classes were held at Nana's house (which is beautiful by the way) so my mom and I got to meet some of the family too. I'm surprised Nana didn't kick us out because when my mom and I get together we are pretty loud and annoying.
Mostly annoying, but I think 99% of that annoyance resonates from my mom. Actually, now that I think of it, I'm a pretty pleasant person and not annoying at all. Okay 100% comes from her. *enter sarcasm*
Thank you Tara for putting up with my mom and her old brain full of dusty spider webs and dead moths. I thought she had cleaned those out but apparently she missed a few webs here and there.
(Love you mom!)
Here are a few highlights from the class...
• Meeting Chloe. Of course.
• Meeting Two Dot, the family's adorable dog with an adorable name.
• Taking 3 wrong turns on the first night of class and arriving 30 fashionable minutes late.
• Busting up after my mom asked me if I preferred "two balls" in front of the class. Good thing we were in like company who's minds totally went there too.
• Learning all of my digi-scrap best friends like “Ctrl Z” and “Page 7” of the class book. They’re the best friends I've ever had. (except for you DeAnna!)
• Arriving to the last class early and being greeted by an adorable kindergartner with "The class just started, you're the first ones here." (Obviously the class just started BECAUSE we were the first ones there.) Oh he made me laugh!
• Getting 2 Cd's full of scrapbookin songs that Tara burned for us all. (How cute is that?)
• Sitting at the craft table and wondering if I had peed myself because every time I stood up there were stains left on the chair. (Which were there before I sat down. I didn't pee. I know because I checked.)
So thanks again Tara, you are an awesome teacher! And Nana, don't be surprised if I show up at your house each week with my laptop (and possibly a grocery bag full of magazines) ready to scrap it up!
I'll be expecting your famous sugar cookies of course.
1 year ago