Monday, October 6, 2008

Does This Horse Make My Butt Look Big?

The Killer Summer 08 Continues:

Homestead Resort Weekend Getaway

In August we stayed at the Homestead Resort in Heber City for a little family vacation. My mom rented a huge condo for everyone which was 3 stories so we all got our own rooms and bathrooms. Everyone includes: Me, my Albert, my little sis Lindee & her baby Logan, my bro Chad with his wife Amy & her daughter Kelsi, my Mom, and my baby sister Alyse. Lindee's husband Lance had to work so he wasn't able to come. It was really nice to spend time with my family because I don't get to see them often and when I do it's only for like 2 hours at a time.

The funnest part for me was going horseback riding! I was so excited because I haven't gone horseback riding in years! I also made Albert go even though he was dreading it, but I didn't want to go without him. Turns out he really enjoyed it! Along with everyone else. We road 2 hours up and down the mountain trails with spectacular views and rough terrain. It wasn't the usual horseback rides where you walk on a flat surface in a circle, this ride was exciting!

My beautiful mother was so nice, not only did she pay for the condo but she stayed back at the resort to babysit Logan so that Lindee could go horseback riding with us.

She's single fellas!


Guys: If you are between the ages 30 and 55, good looking, and make at least $750 grand a year, send me an email! (Sorry mom I had to!)


Okay, back to the horses...

Here we are getting ready to head out with our guide, I don't remember his name exactly but he did a great job and was very entertaining. I gave him a big tip!




Alyse didn't look very excited to get going.



But I caught her smiling later!


Chad is the pale red head of the family so by the time we were done, his legs and arms looked like they were on fire! Ouch.

Me attempting to take a picture of us all together.



One of the many steep hills



Finally our guide took the camera from me to get us all in the same picture. Here we are!

From left to right: Baby sis, Big bro, Poob, hubba hubba, & Lil sis

Lindee thanking her horse for not bucking her off.



My Darling horse Poncho.



View from the back.



Alex rides his horse like he rides his motorcycle, with one hand on his hip. He was the only one who didn't have a sore butt afterwards! Guess he's used to riding for hours at a time.



Time for a POP QUIZ:

Is Lindee's horse male or female?

11 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh my! That looks like SO much fun!!! I have not ridden a horse in ages. I love horses; they are so regal and majestic!! I am jealous of your weekend. Bring me next time! :)

christy said...

aw, kel, i sure do miss you! you need to plan a trip to new york to visit.

ashley said...

That was so cute! What a great time! It is always so fun to have everyone together. Especially for a whole weekend. How oftain does that get to happen?! And... I don't know for sure, but I have a hunch your mom is going to shoot you. But I have to dito the beautiful and nice part:)

Weeksie50 said...

I think horses are the most beautiful animals.. I love them..

Your title cracked me up..

Cris said...

I agree your mother is going to kill you. I for one am afraid of these 4 legged animals ever since I got bucked off one when I was in Jr. High. As far a a quiz goes I vote MALE!!!! Did I win?

Amy said...

Kelly...it's your 5th grade BFF Amy! What's up?! I found your blog through DeAnna's and I've been reading up on your cute little life. Can I just tell you that your post about putting Bain down made me totally cry? We have to mutts of our own, so I totally understand.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Come on over...mymusgrove.blogspot.com

Amy

Wehrle said...

Kelly, Sorry I got your comment and it has taken me forever to say hi! I am sure ash already told you but her and I worked together and I just LOVE her! She is one of my favorite people! I forgot she had mentioned you and Ben are cousins! Whata crazy samll world!
You look like you are doing really good and you look great!! I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog once in a while!
Lacey

Heath'e' said...

First of all, No that horse does not make your butt look big! Secondly your mom is HOT and I swear looks younger today then she did 8yrs ago when I met her! And Last, What fun!! I want to go house back riding!!! Sounds like a way fun trip, I love, love, love the Homestead!!

LCO's said...

Kel mom says she is going to kill you and you went as young as 30? Thats a little risky, do you want her dating someone your age ha ha ha your old. Also my horse is a male. Also My computer crapped out on us so I can't get on the computer for three weeks. I'm sure glad ALL my classes are online. I have to hang out at the in laws but its cool cuz they have lots a food and I like them but their basement is cold as death.

John and Rachael Alexander said...

looks like a great getaway! I love horseback riding! looks like you guys had a blast!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. We used to go up the homestead when we were little. I also love your title:)