Thursday, November 6, 2008

Mmmm...Icecream & a Little Strip Tease!

We celebrated my brother and her husband's birthdays on Tuesday at my Mom's house.

It was the usual get together of making a disaster of the dining room table while stuffing ourselves until pant buttons are flying across the room,




feeding Logan Jello while his mom kicks and screams "No Jello!"



and of course Logan returning the favor.







Logan only lets his favorite person clean him up. My dad has somehow hypnotized Logan into believing that he is the coolest guy in the world and whenever he is in the room, Logan must prefer him over all others.

It's really strange but my Dad has evil powers like that. He must be some sort of Man-Witch.





After all the food has been consumed we roll ourselves into the living room to open presents. This is my lil sis and her husband. While he's reading his birthday cards she's secretly pocketing the money that falls out.







Now for the cake! I was in charge of baking the cake and I was planning on making a really cool Halloween cake or a really cheesy ladybug cake. I was going to go ALL out and surprise everyone by making this fabulous cake that they would ooooh and aaaah over.

Well, I started making the cake at 11:00 pm and had NO time at all so the cake ended up looking like this:





Not exactly what I was planning, but everyone ate it anyway.





A TIP for all Cake Eaters:

Anyone who has not tried to eat their cake and ice cream like this is missin out. You HAVE to smash your ice cream into your cake as shown below:



It is sooooo much better this way!

All in all it was a good night, thanks mom for putting this all together and letting us mess up your house!



And as usual, we ended the party with a strip show.







How can you not love that!?

29 comments:

Alivia Burgess said...

Ah I miss your dad!! I can't believe your little sister has a child that is bizarre to me, even more bizarre than my sister having a child. Anyway, I remember when you taught me to smash my cake and ice cream together. I'm pretty sure it was my 19th birthday at good ole college way!

CLUFF FAMILY said...

How fun! I miss your fam. I miss YOU! we are gonna be up there the weekend you asked about. Where you thinkin of coming here? Josh has a meeting that Mon. and JD's b-day is the 23rd, so will will celebrate that weekend. We will be here by our lonesomes for Bird day. Sad :(

John and Rachael Alexander said...

looks like a great party! I have some great memories of the big marsden get together b-day parties and now your family is big enough to do them on your own! loved the cake!

Anonymous said...

Is the guy in the red shirt playing with Ramone from cars??

Looks like you had fun!

LCO's said...

Good to know Logan was full of Jello, I need to watch you guys! And my cake face is beautiful thanks for that.

Anonymous said...

I love that cake!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I totally understand. I often find myself walking around w/ my pants at my ankles at the end of a night of partying too.

Ann Harrison said...

Hi!
I'm following you via Tattooed Minivan Mom.
I have to say that I am HOWLING!!!!
You are so dang funny.
(I feel like I've been the one in the corner laughing at all of your jokes.)
And I totally agree about the cake tha'ng. It needs to be mooshed-up. It tastes so much better that way.

Amy said...

We end all of our parties with a strip tease too!

lynette355 said...

you mean they had a party for a birthday and not because your a
SITS-er all week! Congrats

Sandy said...

Congrats on your Sauciness!

Gaspegirl said...

what a great recap on what sounds like a fun Birthday night! Congratulations on being SAUCY this week ;) I will be back!

Lilly said...

Oh loved this post. Congrats on being SAUCY this week.

Anonymous said...

Found you on SITS!! Love, love, love your blog!! I'll be back for sure, SITStah!! We have identical "sense of humors"... humors.... is that a word? I make up my own words at times. We refer to them as Jillisms in my family.

Congrats on being saucy!!

~Jill :)

Aleta said...

Hi! I came over from the SITS site. Congrats on being a Saucy Blog! Cute family pictures with all the smiles. (I'll keep that in mind about the cake and ice cream, haven't done that before. Lol)

Kristin said...

Over from SITS.
Do you think that you son will mind that his strip tease was your post on your first day as a new saucy blog? LOL!

iheartbowheads.blogspot.com said...

Looks like a fun time!

Queenie Jeannie said...

What fun family pictures!!! Thank you for sharing them.

Congratulations for being SAUCY!!!

jori-o said...

Your family sounds like they know how to do the bday parties up right! LOVE the cake--I'm totally stealing that idea for my brother's bday.
And congrats on your sauciness! =)

Susie said...

Congratulations on having a Saucy Blog:-)

That looks like a great party:-)

Rachel said...

What a beautiful family you have!

Kally said...

Congrats on having such a Saucy Blog!

My little girl eats her cake the same way. Grosses me out but she loves it.

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo! We're SaUcY together!!!
Break out the cake and be prepared for some pants around the ankles! This is gonna be a party week!

Just say Julie said...

Looks like quite a party! Congrats on your saucy blog-ness this week. Enjoyed your blog! Oh, you can make cake soup by melting the cake and ice cream in the micro for 25 seconds. It's yummy!

FROGGITY! said...

Congrats on being SAUCY! :)

Tiffany said...

Happy Saucy week! Congrats!

Pamela said...

'Found you thru SITS. I always wished they'd invent an ice cream flavor called "smashed up birthday cake and vanilla". It IS the best---I agree.

~T~ said...

Happy SITS week!

Its Me(SARA) Behind the Camera said...

Followed you from SITS!!!

I love this post, it sounds like your ENTIRE family is so close! My family is like that also!

The cake still looks DELISH!!!!