Monday, April 6, 2009

Be Afraid. Be Very Afraid.




So we did it, we celebrated Lin's birthday yesterday. It was so sad to see her youth slip away like that, but we all held hands and got through it together.

It's a known fact that my family loves our nephews and if you ask Lindee, she will tell you that we all love Logan way more then we love her. So my baby sis Lyse thought of the brilliant idea to buy birthday presents for Logan rather than Lindee.

So here is Lindee pretending to be happy with these presents that were really for Logan, happy until she realized she wasn't gettin anything for herself!








Ok, so she wasn't too upset really and of course Logan LOVED mom's presents! (Please excuse Al's huge size 14 in the way!)






So after putting her through all that torture, we finally brought out the real presents. She mostly received cards full of dough which is the usual gift in my family, but because I have given Lindee such a hard time with her birthday I decided to actually put some effort into her present, yes I did the unthinkable.

I. Went. Shopping.

If that doesn't show my love for my sister, nothing else does! So here are her reactions to her real birthday presents!








When wrapping Lin's presents I only had one box at home to put them in. It was a Christmas box. A big no-no I know, but I made it better. It's still winter right?




So after presents we all pretty much chilled. This is Logan showing me his teeth, LOL he is so cute! (Don't ask me what Alyse is doing in this pic)

(Oh and for all you old people, LOL stands for laughing out loud)








Okay, now it's time to brag about Brolan. Check out this picture, isn't that the most adorable thing you've ever seen? Those dimples! I mean come on I can't handle this much cuteness!








I am failing as an aunt. You see how he is smiling with everyone else? This is what happens when he looks at me:




My quest at becoming the favorite aunt is failing miserably. Maybe it's due to the fact the I NEVER get to see this pooper! I'm not bitter, really. Below is my niece Kelsi, bro Chad, cutest lil Brolan in the world, and my sis in law Amy.






Baby sis Alyse, Lyse or Lyser.




My hunk-a hunk-a burnin' love:




Really old woman, me, and hubster:




The beautiful madre:




The handsome padre:




Okay, now that I've overloaded you with Dunn goodness, I will leave you with this. I'm warning you, this isn't pretty. In fact you may not want to scroll down, just close the window right now.




Be afraid.





Be very afraid.









34 comments:

Dellany Higby said...

I am always afraid when looking at your blog missy don't you worry. What a cute lil fam damily you have!

Rebecca Jo said...

You're better than me... I'll even use Christmas paper!!! Hey - its covered - that's the point!!

LOVE all the pictures! Brolin is totally cute with those dimples! Another little man in your life to steal your heart - right?
And is your husband working a Rubik's cube? FUN!

And you totally couldnt even make anyone afraid with that adorable face! Just love your family & your get togethers!!!

Mandy said...

LOL! Looks like y'all had fun!

Hernandez Family said...

I wouldn't worry about the wrapping too much. Our wrapping usually consists of a walmart bag.

Kristina P. said...

She made out like a bandit!

Linds Forrest said...

You are so funny!!! Be afraid... oh ha ha ha

Suzi said...

Looks like a great day for everyone involved. Glad you all had fun together.

Kasey said...

That is so great that your family is so close. couple of things: your hubby has lost a lot of weight hasn't he? You look like you have too!! Skinny arms!! It looks like all your sisters are tall and beautiful like you?? Brolan is such a cute name. I haven't heard of that one before. I'll keep it in my book of names IF we ever get prego again. It's always fun to come see your blog.

Lori said...

Great family photos!
Looks like everyone had a great time!! :)

Call Me Cate said...

Last night I had to wrap gifts to send to my nephew for his first birthday. I was totally going to use wedding shower paper until Joe stopped me and pointed it out. My quest is to be the eccentric crazy aunt.

Barely Domestic Mama said...

Loved the last pic! What a great looking family you come from! And if I was your sis - I would be cussing people out in my head. ;)

ChicagoLady said...

I think Alyse's idea of giving gifts for Logan to Lin is hysterical!

Brolan is a cutie! Who wouldn't love that smile, lol.

You have a really great family.

Kathy B! said...

YOu have the cutest family. I love all these pictures!!

And I use Christmas stuff all the time. I mean, who has room to store paper and boxes and ribbons for every occcasion?!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

LOVE the family photos! Your are so NOT failing as a bad Aunt! These little cuties have it made with you!

Thanks for making me smile!

Donnetta said...

You are a NUT! Which is why I heart you!! :)

Great joke, BTW!!! Totally something my family would do!!

CLUFF FAMILY said...

SORRY I missed out on the fuun partaaay. You really did scare me?! How do you do that?

Andrea Harper said...

K to the EL. I heart you, but mostly your family. Ok, just your family.

I kid, I kid. You know you are my lady lover.

Melissa said...

Your family gatherings always look fun!!

I love it when babies come over and you can cuddle and then send them home!

Karin Katherine said...

Its just not fair that you totally lucked out in the family department. I am seriously depressed. There are 8 of us and I don't even get a card on my birthday---but enough about me. Lets talk about those cute nephews of yours! Clearly I need to have some more children to prepare for when you and the hubster start your own brood.
; 0 )

In the meantime I'm glad to see my future son in law Brolin smiling and happy. Tell him his future wife is currently into Climbing!

Unknown said...

Great pictures and what a fun idea to trick her with the presents. Definitely writing that one down.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

1/2 of TheBlogRollers.com

Nana said...

What a fun party, and cute family.
I love when the family get together.

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Those babies are sooooo cute! I want them all to myself, but then I'd have no hair. I guess I'll settle with just the one. ;)

Your family is beautiful. And the writing on the box makes it totally better. I think I'll just start using cardboard/shoe boxes and writing notes on them instead of using up paper. Wonder if anyone would mind...

Anonymous said...

Your family just exudes so much happiness! I love it.

angie said...

Loved all the pictures, and I bet Logan had a great time!

That last pic wasn't too scary, but it's funny that you were the only one who made a face!

nikkicrumpet said...

Boy...I sure feel cheated not having a sister to mock my age and buy me presents that aren't for me! I can tell I'm really missing out lol

Queenie Jeannie said...

You have a RIDICULOUSLY gorgeous family!!! I mean, seriously!

If I were looking, which of course I'm NOT, I'd say your brother is delicious looking. But you didn't hear that from me!!! =)

Alexis AKA MOM said...

What super fun pictures, I love them all. Those faces are too flippin funny!

Love your blog, I think I'll make myself comfy ... LOL.

Thanks so much for stopping by and putting up my button, I really appreciate it :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for throwing in the pic of your Dad! Woot Woot!

And you and your sisters and Mom are all identical and I have trouble telling you apart right away in pics!

Lee said...

Looks like a lot of fun!
I laughed so hard at the snowman box.
It's true.
It's not necessarily christmas.
(yes it is)

Heath'e' said...

hum... Has Alex been tanning?!!!;)
He looks a little "brown" and I swear it's been snowing there!

LadyStyx said...

~such~ a beautiful family!

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

So now that I have found your blog via Chick Chat, I'm going through and reading many of your posts (kind of like a getting to know you for me!) Don't take this the wrong way, please... YOU ARE SO RIGHT... YOUR HUSBAND IS HOT! Don't worry, I've got my own so I'm not after yours. But I figured you might appreciate the compliment of knowing that you know how to pick a hottie!

Off to read some more...

scrappysue said...

it looks like she had a great day! being 46 myself - i can't imagine lin is REALLY that old!!!

Jason, as himself said...

Found him!!!

And you're right. :)